Starting an online furniture business

Started by brianbennett, Oct 15, 2024, 09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianbennett

Hi Everyone,

My brother and I are thinking of starting an online furniture business. The idea is to import furniture from China, and sell it here. The idea and workflow looks quite straight forward on paper, once we sort the shipping agents, AQIS, website and warehousing. But I know that it is usually everything but that.

We both have full time jobs with a decent salary.
Can you please share your experiences or any potential challenges that we will come across if we go down this path? How effective is an online furniture business? I can imagine the local freight here would be a challenge, for starters.

Thank you for reading.

Ikerboydy

Importing from China can be a great idea, but you're right—things often get tricky once you dig in. A friend of mine tried something similar and faced a few bumps. Shipping logistics were a hassle; they spent a lot of time sorting out the best shipping agents and dealing with customs, which took longer than expected. Local freight can definitely be challenging, especially with bulky items. They also had to think about how to showcase their products effectively online, which meant investing time in a good website and marketing. It can be effective, but it's all about finding the right niche and connecting with your audience. For more insights, you might want to read up on some helpful resources that outline potential challenges and tips for success in this space.